Aims & Objects ( Extract from Memorandum of Assocation )
The Objects of the Association are to work for the amelioration, advancement and uplift of Men, Women, Boys & Girls in every sphere of life in Particular:
- To enable them to take their legitimate place in the progressive life of the nation without abandoning te distinctive genius and individuality of Indian me, women, boys & girls.
- To meet the urgent demand of Indian men, women, boys & girls of renascent India for knowledge, enlightenment and culture.
- To provide for general, academic , cultural, technical, industrial, vocational and other education, without distinction of caste, creed or class, serving the needs of the wealthy and indigent alike.
- To establish and maintain homes and provide residential accommodation and boarding for men, women, boys & girls receiving such educatin or training, without observing distinction of caste or creed provided however that food served shall only be vegetarian.
- To foster in home or hostel an atmosphere of friendliness and fellowship, to develop character and to bring into the life of everyone of the inmates a spirit of self- reliance and a sense of fulfillment of the ideas of love and service.
- To render necessary help and assistance to such as cannot afford to meet their expenses either in whole or in part.
- To open and maintain maternity homes, hospitals, foundling homes and allied institutions.
- To bring into existence a body of qualified sick nurses and midwives and teachers.
- To establish and conduct branches of Madras Seva Sadan as centres of training.